Friday, May 23, 2008

Vacate

We're going on vacation! (in a sing-songy voice)

And I couldn't be happier! I'm pretty psyched to get away for a week, especially after this past week of car wrecks and stomach wrecks. Next Saturday (5/31) we leave for a week long vacation to the Massanutten Resort in Virginia. We went there 2 years ago with the Gov't Employees Travel Opportunities program. It's a program where you pay a ridiculously reduced rate and get a 7 night stay at awesome time-share resorts. So far we've been able to get a 2 bedroom condo each time. Last year we went to Williamsburg. The condos have been absolutely gorgeous and incredibly comfortable. For any of you government employees out there you really need to look into using this program if you can. It's insane how awesome it is!

This year we decided to go back to Massanutten for a few different reasons. 1) We loved it when we went there 2 years ago. 2) It's fairly close by (about a 3 hour drive). 3) We could get 2 bedrooms. 4) With Jenna still taking 2 naps a day we aren't really going to be able to do much sight-seeing. We could stay at the resort the whole time and do stuff there if we want to. 5) Ian and I both love the water park. 6) The section that we're staying in is their newest section and supposedly even nicer then the place we stayed last time we were there - if that's even possible!

We also have a great Memorial Day weekend ahead of us. My dear friend Michele is coming into town for a visit and I'm getting together with her and Gaileen tomorrow evening for dinner. On Monday we are tentatively planning on going to the pool sometime after Michele leaves. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous - sunny and in the mid-80's. We got a membership to the community pools again this year. Now that we are a family of 4 we continue to be eligible for the reduced rate so it was super cheap to join. The even cooler thing is that they're opening a splash pad at the pool that is within walking distance. Woot - Woot! If anyone wants to go swimming this summer just let me know! We can get reduced admission prices, but you have to go with us.

I guess we're starting the summer off with a bang. I love summertime (2nd only to Spring of course)! I never felt like I had much of a summer last year being hugely pregnant with Jenna for the first 1/2 and post-partum the other 1/2. I'm looking forward to enjoying it as much as possible this year while also getting ready to move in late August.



No comments: