This past weekend I went to Kohl's and went on a mini shopping spree. I desperately needed new sneakers (my old ones don't have any tread left). I also wanted to get some type of Easter outfit and figured I would peruse the clearance racks. I came home with a whole bunch of stuff - thankfully sneakers were included in that. I really like to shop, but for some reason I despise shoe shopping. It probably has something to do with the fact that I don't go to the nice shoe stores where they wait on you and bring you whatever shoe you want in whatever size you want. No... I'm cheap so I go to places like Kohl's and Payless where you have to rummage around for your size on your own. At least at Payless they have stuff grouped together by size and everything is easy to see. Even so, I'm still not fond of trying on a bunch of different pairs of shoes. I went to Payless Tuesday night because I needed dress shoes. I spent about an hour there and came home with a sore back because I'm not used to wearing high heels and I tried on about 10 different pair of high heels. Oh, well. I digress.
Back to the fun part of shopping! So I found a bunch of different dressy shirts that I wanted to try on and several things from the clearance rack at Kohl's. But, there was a line for the dressing room. And since I'm a lactating mama my time is severely limited on such outings. I'm usually waiting for Trevor to call so that I know when I need to come home and feed Jenna. So, I bought it all and brought everything home to try on. Amazingly, most of what I picked out fit rather well. There are only 3 shirts out of 7 that I'm going to return. Everything is a little nicer than my standard jeans and t-shirt/sweatshirt wardrobe. When I was trying to decide what to wear this morning one of the shirts in particular jumped out at me. It's a mock double layer purple sweater with a big cowlneck. I kept thinking, "but it's only Wednesday. That's too nice for a Wednesday." Then I remembered something Oprah once said - "only wear what you absolutely love." So I decided not to save it for a special occasion and to just wear it. I went to Costco in my nice new sweater and I feel pretty darn good about myself today - thank you very much! I guess clothing really does shape how I feel about myself some days. There are a lot of days when I just feel "blah" so I throw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt and grunge around all day. Comfort is a huge factor for me as a mom. All of that bending over to pick up the baby or leaning over to change the baby etc... - I need to be comfy! The nice thing about this sweater is that it's super comfy as are the other 3 shirts that I bought over the weekend. I need to remember that next time I go shopping - only buy what I love as long as it's comfy!
The moral of the story is - don't save your pretty clothes for special occasions. Wear them on Wednesdays and rainy days and enjoy them!
1 comment:
Just don't spill anything on it :-)
Post a Comment