Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ugliest. Actors. Ever.

There are two American actors who I think are just about the ugliest actors I've ever seen. One is Steve Buscemi and the other is Ron Howard's brother -- what's his name?? Oh, right - Clint Howard. I wanted to show Trevor their pictures, but I couldn't remember the Howard boy's name. So, in the little google box at the top of firefox I started to type in Ron Howard. It's one of those search things that brings up suggestions as you're typing. Before I finished typing Ron Howard the very first suggestion was "Ron Howard's brother". Now how in the world did it know that's what I was looking for?! Wouldn't the most popular search just be for Ron Howard - not for his brother? I think it's a conspiracy! Yeah, that's it! I think google has a tiny microphone implanted in their search engine so that they can hear what you're talking about to better tailor the search for you at that moment. There are tiny little worker bees inside the wireless network that communicate back to google. Google is the anti-Christ. They're out to take over the world!

On a separate paranoid note - why is it that it's ok for men to be ugly and still be actors, but you never see hideous looking women making it in Hollywood?! (Well, I guess Joan Cusack isn't the hottest match in the book, but she pretty much makes it only because she's riding on her brother's coattails.) Anyway... that's another rant for another day - the conspiracy that successful actresses need to be young and beautiful, but successful actors can be old and ugly.

1 comment:

abuian said...

Though I must say, it is amusing to see what ads gmail provides in response to various e-mail topics (if a bit spooky).

Was Judi Dench ever young or beautiful?