Thursday, November 8, 2007

Matching

I can't tell you how many times my clothes end up matching my kids clothes. I'm definitely not the type of person that likes to be "twinsies" with my kids, but it happens nonetheless. It happens so subconsciously. The only time I ever set out to do it is when we're getting our family pictures taken. Last week it happened when I wore a purple and white striped shirt with a white collar and then I dressed Jenna in a purple and white striped shirt with a white collar. I didn't even realize it until after I dressed her. Of course, the lady at the dry cleaner's noticed right away! Then this morning I picked out Ian's clothes and chose a navy blue thermal style shirt. What did I pick out of my closet? A navy blue thermal shirt. I just had to laugh out loud when I realized what I'd done. There have been times when I've purposely changed just so we don't match. I'm to the point now where I really don't care. I guess it happens because I pick out for my kids the type of thing that I want to wear. Now if they would just make those one piece coverall outfits for adults I'd be all set! They look so comfy!

3 comments:

abuian said...

Well, I for one wouldn't want to unsnap the legs just so I could pee!

Amber Mc said...

And of course, sometimes your shoes match your shirt...like when they're purple or something. :)

Julie said...

What? You didn't like my purple Crocs and my purple shirt? That was no coincidence. I just need to go out and buy a pair of Crocs for every color in my closet. :o) Somehow I don't think the budget could handle that kind of blow!