Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Did you hear the one...

about the woman who kept getting strep? Yeah, that would be me. :( Again. And again. This time I came down with it this past Wednesday and started the antibiotic on Thursday. By Friday morning I felt better. Then late Sunday night I started to get a sore throat again. I thought, "there's no possible way this is strep, I'm still on the antibiotic. I can't believe I'm getting a cold on top of this." Well, it turns out the strep came back. It wasn't a cold. It decided to switch places and moved to the opposite side of my throat.

I go to the ear/nose/throat doctor on Monday and we'll see what he says. I called yesterday when I realized that the strep was on the move while I'm on the antibiotics. He said that it is possible for that to happen and offered to give me a stronger antibiotic. I decided to wait 24 hours to see what happened. This morning the sore throat seems to be gone.

As much as I dread getting my tonsils out and the whole recovery process involved I think it's time to have the surgery. This is getting old quick and is taking it's toll not only on me, but on my family as well.

2 comments:

Russell Nemec said...

You know, an anagram of your name is Julie STREP-ONE!

So sorry it's happening again.

Julie said...

Thanks for the laugh, Russ. Strep-one, that would be me.