Did you know that we are taking a trip to New York this week? Up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't want to entertain the idea too much because I was still battling strep and I was unsure if we would even be able to go. But, alas there is no tonsillectomy in my near future so we're making the trek.
Trevor's aunt Sherry is driving down here on Tuesday. On Wednesday after VBS is over she will take me and the kids up to their new place in Buffalo to enjoy a few days running around in their backyard and going on picnics. Trevor will drive up Friday after work. On Sunday we will leave Buffalo and drive to Oakfield to go to our home church for worship and enjoy a church picnic afterwards. We will then drive to Indian Lake to spend a week with the Speed clan. On our way back home we'll stop and see Trevor's brother and his family. We're really cramming a lot into this trip. What a blessing to be able to visit with so many people in a short amount of time!
I'm really looking forward to being back in NY. I'm sure that the kids will be pretty wiped out after a long trip and unusual sleep schedules, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to make a lot of good memories along the way. Of course, Jenna is still too young to remember much from it, but I know that Ian is at the age that he will carry these memories for a long time. Besides, I'll take lots of pictures and video footage to last a lifetime!
Keep us in your prayers for safe travels and a strep free vacation! (I'm taking along a prescription for antibiotics just in case.)
No comments:
Post a Comment