Yesterday we had Jenna's 1st Birthday Party at CiCi's Pizza Buffet. A good time was had by all. As you can see she loved her cupcake. Mmmmm.... sugar! This was taken before she really went to work on it.
Instead of goody bags I figured I would give each kid a few dollars in tokens. I thought that I would save myself some hassle and then the kids wouldn't have a bag of what is essentially junk to clutter up their parents houses. Well, I forgot about the "Candy Factory" game. It's one of those claw games, but it's super easy so the kids spent most if not all of their money on that game and ended up with big piles of junk anyway. The thing is filled with not just candy, but little plastic toys as well. At least the kids were well entertained.
It was a wonderful feeling to be able to leave the dishes for someone else to clean up. This is the first time I've thrown a party that I didn't have to clean up afterwards. It was exhilarating to be able to walk out the door and not worry about the mess. (I did tip the guy that cleans up pretty generously to ease my conscience though.)
It's still hard for me to believe that my sweet baby girl is 1 year old! She is such a joy and adds so much personality to our home. I look forward to watching her grow and change.
No comments:
Post a Comment