While Ian was at Elkridge Elementary doing his kindergarten assessment the homebuilder called and left a message with our babysitter (thanks Debby!) When we finally connected he said that he was calling to let us know that the house should be ready for the final walk through on September 1st. Not September 10th like he thought 2 weeks ago. Now, when he told us 9/10 two weeks ago I was honestly assuming it would be later rather than sooner. That seems to be how things have been up to this point. But, they got ahead of schedule and now we're looking at September 1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! [Insert 2nd round of panic in the last 3 days here!]
I have exactly 2 boxes packed. Granted we have a bunch of empty boxes on the porch that we've been collecting, but it's not much of a start. I have a list in my head a mile long of the things that I need to get done before we move. I guess my first priority (after going to see Gaileen at the beach tomorrow :o) is to sit down and put that list to paper and get to work! Well, actually the first priority is to get the rest of Ian's kindergarten preparation done (i.e. go to the dentist on Friday, get the paperwork filled out by his pediatrician, make sure his wardrobe is sufficient etc...) I bought the rest of the school supplies that the teacher requested today (for a grand total of $89 - yikes!) - so at least that's out of the way.
So, if the final walk through is on 9/1 the settlement should be a few days later. I'm thinking that we'll be homeowners the second week of September. Thankfully, my gracious husband has agreed to a 2 week overlap between the condo and the townhouse so that will give us some more time to get things in order. Mostly I wanted the two week overlap so that I can get the interior of the townhouse painted without any furniture in it. It will be nice to have a little more relaxed move instead of doing everything in one weekend.
So... if you're available to help paint, move or watch kids in the near future let me know! We'll need all of the help that we can get and will truly appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment