Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prince Caspian

Have I told you that I've gone to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie twice now? The first time I went by myself since Trevor needed to stay home with the kids and then Trevor and I went together this past Sunday night while his parents babysat for us.

This song during the closing credits really resonated with me.




I absolutely love this movie!! I know a lot of people are saying that it's better than the book and I have to agree, even though I only read the book one time (versus the dozen or so times my hubby has read it.)

As we were leaving the theater and I was crying once again because of the movie's powerful impact on me, I found my tears very hard to explain to Trevor. Here's what I came up with. Lucy's story is a reflection of my own story. I've had some amazing encounters with God (Aslan in the books/movies). He has moved in mighty ways in my life over the years. But, I've also been separated from Him whether because He's chosen to remain silent or because of my own desire to be separated from Him.

In Lucy I see my child-like faith that has led me to God's side. He has enveloped me in His loving embrace and He has brought an end to different battles in my life through His gracious intervention.

At the end of the movie when the children have to return to their own world it just breaks my heart that they are going to be separated from Aslan and from Narnia where they are clearly most at home. But, I also remember that at least some of them will soon be able to return. I yearn to be in God's presence continually, not just for short bursts of time. As amazing and life changing as those moments are it's the eternal presence of God that I look forward to. Knowing that day will one day come is what gets me through my walk here on earth!

No comments: