We got the call. They are starting construction on our townhouse. A few weeks ago they called and said that they had one more unit to sell and they sold it rather quickly (compared to the rate that they were selling units in the last few months.) We meet with the construction manager this Friday afternoon to go over some details, but it looks like it will probably be done around September - assuming we have decent weather this summer and not torrential downpours like we had over the last 36 hours.
You would think I would be ecstatic. I desperately want Jenna to have her own room - this sharing a room/closet with her got old a long time ago. She hears us moving around at night and wakes up. When I wake up in the middle of the night I gingerly try to roll over so that I don't make too much noise and then that wakes me up more and I have a hard time falling back to sleep. We ended up sleeping on the futon again last night (completely my idea). I slept much better, but she still woke up at 5am, probably out of habit now. I will be thankful for the extra space in the new townhouse.
The kicker is -- we're in limbo -- STILL! Trevor still hasn't heard back from the federal job in Buffalo and we have no idea if anything is going to happen with that between now and September. He interviewed in late February and they posted a few more positions that he applied for (that he's super qualified for) about a month ago. He actually has an interview for a job in Baltimore this Thursday. It would be a 20 minute bus ride from our new townhouse and about an hour from where we are now versus the 2 hour commute each way that he makes now.
I guess I would be more thrilled with construction starting if I knew that this is where we were definitely settling down. I'm thankful that we have the extra time to save up money and de-clutter before the move. We have been very blessed and I'm grateful for all that God has provided. Even now while we're in limbo we are surrounded by good options all around.
I pray that God will grant me peace of mind as we wait on Him.
1 comment:
waiting is so hard...I'll keep you in prayer!
Post a Comment