As a kid in the 70's and 80's who didn't love the Mrs. Butterworth's commercials? The special affects were amazing! How did they get that bottle of syrup to talk? Of course, as I watch the commercial 20 years later I'm not as impressed.
When I was a kid I remember thinking "wow - it must be only rich people can afford a bottle of talking syrup!" Because we never had it in our house. I don't think I've ever owned a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup - until yesterday that is. We don't use much syrup in this house. We're not big pancake eaters. The bottle that we just finished last week had an expiration date of 2001. Syrup really doesn't go bad. So when I went to the grocery store yesterday I noticed that Mrs B's was on sale and I just couldn't resist buying my very first bottle. I Have Arrived! Much to my disappoint I haven't seen her talk yet. I showed Ian the video clip below and he was disappointed as well that our bottle doesn't talk.
Oh and just for the record. Mrs. Butterworth's doesn't have butter in it anymore. Even though there's a picture of a pat of butter on the front with the words "thick-n-rich" on it. Apparently, back in the day it did have butter in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment