Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Physical Comedy

I think my kids have inherited my love of physical comedy. Have you ever seen the movie Dodgeball with Ben Stiller? My favorite part is actually in the "extras". There's an extended version of the scene in the bonus features where the old coach is throwing wrenches at the players. He says in his crotchety voice "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!" Well, the extended scene is about 5 minutes of the old guy throwing wrenches and hitting the young players. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. I think I'll have to buy the movie just for that bonus feature.

So this morning I wasn't terribly surprised when I found Ian entertaining Jenna with physical comedy. We got this boat/hammer toy from the library yesterday and he was pretending to hit his thumb with the hammer as he was trying to hit the balls. He was doing it over and over - exaggerating more and more as he went along. Jenna was laughing hysterically. Ahhh - it brought my heart great joy to know that my kids love physical comedy as much as I do!

No comments: