Monday, March 17, 2008

Job Update

As of this morning there is no new news on either job (Ft Meade or Buffalo). This is just a testament to the efficiency of the federal government. Both interviewers said that he would hear something in 2 weeks and it's 3 weeks today. The only thing we heard was from the interviewer for the Ft Meade job. She emailed to say that she's made her choice, but that human resources has to do "their thing" before that person would be notified. She also said that she would be on vacation last week. Trevor left a message for the one person that he has a phone number for for the job in Buffalo. She's pretty low on the totem pole - she just called to set up the interview - so we have no idea how responsive she's able to be. He left the message on Tuesday and he's tried calling every day since with no answer. She's probably tired of all of these people calling her to see what's taking so long so she just isn't answering her phone. Poor girl!

So... it continues to be a waiting game. I've compared this to the last few weeks of pregnancy. You know you're going to have the baby - you just don't know when. So, you just kind of sit around anticipating what it would be like to have the baby/move to Buffalo. One big difference is that we know we won't hear anything after 5pm or on weekends. So honestly the weekends are the 2 days of the week that I'm more relaxed and not so anxious. I know that the answers will come in time. Maybe the whole reason for this is to teach me to learn some patience and to cast all of my anxieties on the Lord - because I've been doing a lot more of that the last few weeks. Trevor keeps telling me to read Matthew 6 - especially verses 25-34.

This past weekend I decided to act like we aren't going anywhere and to do some things to back that up. The weather was glorious on Saturday - sunny and in the 60's. We decided we needed to take Ian to a park. I wanted to check out some of the stuff over by where our new house is going to be. So we found Rockburn park which is just a few minutes away from where we'll be. It's a wonderful park. It looks like there are lots of trails and the playground is situated nicely - away from the road and surrounded by trees. We also stopped by the model of the townhouse. They have a handy little layout that shows which units have been sold and which ones are available. They won't start building our section until approximately 80% of the units are sold. It looks like they sold one more since the last time I checked (about a month ago). They just started work on the section next to ours this week and they're anticipating that it will be done in June. They're still projecting August for our section.

We're truly blessed. There are good things in store whether we stay here or move back to Buffalo. A brand new semi-affordable house here, several well-established wonderful friendships, warmer weather, the convenience of living in a more urban area etc... If we move back to Buffalo we would be closer to family, have much more affordable housing, better schools and we would be going back to our "roots". I think I'm finally to the point that I can honestly say I'm ok with either location. Now let's see if I can live that out today by not worrying about what the answer will be!

UPDATE: Trevor just got an email - he did not get the Ft Meade job so that option is off the table.

No comments: