One of my Christmas traditions is to make eggnog quick bread for family and friends. My sister-in-law, Kim, specifically requested a loaf so I set to work to make her one yesterday. Unfortunately, I was quite distracted and ended up pulling it out of the oven too soon - as you can see the middle is still quite goopy. I picked away at the edges and those were yummy. Anyway... Kim - here's your "virtual" eggnog bread. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to make another loaf, but it's the thought that counts right?! When done right this is really amazing bread. I'm not one of those people that hoards special recipes so here ya go! Eggnog Quick Bread
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dairy eggnog (not canned)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons rum extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of a 9x5 inch loaf pan* or three 5-3/4x3-1/4 loaf pans.
2. Beat eggs in large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, butter, rum extract and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix into eggnog mixture; stir to just moisten dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
4. Bake bread in large pan for 40-90 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Breads in the smaller pans require 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and then remove bread from pan. Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
*Note: I think part of the problem this time was that I used a slightly smaller loaf pan, so the edges got done way before the center (plus I obviously didn't test the center with a toothpick!)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dairy eggnog (not canned)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons rum extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of a 9x5 inch loaf pan* or three 5-3/4x3-1/4 loaf pans.
2. Beat eggs in large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, butter, rum extract and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix into eggnog mixture; stir to just moisten dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
4. Bake bread in large pan for 40-90 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Breads in the smaller pans require 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and then remove bread from pan. Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
*Note: I think part of the problem this time was that I used a slightly smaller loaf pan, so the edges got done way before the center (plus I obviously didn't test the center with a toothpick!)
No comments:
Post a Comment