Sunday, December 23, 2007

Baby Jesus

As I held Jenna in my arms nursing her today I began to wonder what Jesus was like as a baby. Was he colicky or an even tempered baby? At what age did he sleep through the night? Was he chubby or slender? Then, I also wondered what Mary was like as a new mom. Did she get frustrated when He cried and she couldn't figure out what was wrong? Did He ever cry like that or was He the "perfect" baby? She probably didn't worry about whether or not He would reach His developmental milestones like we do today. I'm guessing that's more of a modern day obsession. (Right now, I'm a little concerned that Jenna still hasn't rolled over. She's probably just too chubby!)

Having a baby in my arms during this Christmas season makes the holiday a little more special. It's a constant reminder that the true reason for the season is the coming of our Lord and Savior in the form of a baby. A baby that would grow up to be a Man. The perfect and sinless Man who would die on the cross as the final sacrifice that was needed to stand in the gap between God and man.

No comments: