Here we are in our PJ's. With small kids I've learned to become somewhat of a morning person. They seem to be up at the crack of dawn! On good days we have a semblance of a routine. Jenna gets up around 6am to nurse and then after being up about an hour she goes down for her morning nap. Ian is up around 7am. Around 8am I jump in the shower. I bribe Ian with either a video or playing games on the computer so that he can stay occupied. That's for the good days! Yesterday, Ian woke up at 5:50am because he couldn't find his blankie, Jenna wasn't up yet so I was really out of it. Unfortunately, he didn't want to go back to sleep so I told him he could play in his room by himself until I came and got him. The rest of the day I was a grump! I guess I'm really a creature of habit. If I know what to expect I'm fine, but if you throw me off my routine - look out!I guess most people would consider me an early bird. I say "most" because there are people out there like Trevor that get up at 3:45am to get ready for work and it doesn't really faze them. When I was working I liked to get to work before anyone else was there. I liked the quiet morning time without any distractions. I don't like to get up super early, but I do appreciate the stillness of the morning. Maybe that's why I don't like it when Ian gets up before me. I like a little bit of quiet first thing. I don't mind if the baby wakes me up because she's quiet and the time spent nursing her is soothing to me. I'm definitely not a night owl, unless I've taken a nap in the afternoon and I'm well rested. I pretty much konk out around 9 or 10pm.
So, how about you? Are you an early bird or a night owl? Leave a note in the comments.
4 comments:
I'm a total night owl. I'd sleep until 10am everyday if I could. I'm sure I'm still awake sometimes when Trevor is getting up!
Early Bird...I'm turning into a pumpkin as we speak...
Laura N.
I used to be a night owl, but now I'm just tired all the time. I don't even have kids as an excuse!! I'm grumpiest right when I wake up- whether it's morning noon or night.
Overall, I'm a morning person. I do go through phases where I nap in the afternoon and then stay up late and sleep in. I also prefer to wake up before my kids, which is how most mornings go. yay!
Post a Comment